Sunday, August 22, 2010

Time flies......

.....when you are having fun!! Wow...it has been a whirlwind the last few weeks! As many of you know I work at a scrapbook store and I am also teaching classes. Well along with going out of town and trying to create projects for 2 classes this weekend....it is finished. LOL Well I wanted to share what I did for my class yesterday.....it was a Tim Holtz workshop. The class was awesome....I loved meeting new people and being able to help them make art. I designed a layout, card, and a tag.....all using some of the new Tim Holtz sizzix dies and some of his techniques. I do believe the ladies all had a wonderful time and went away happy with there projects. The first up is the layout.....the techniques were distress inking, alcohol inking, and a fabulous dabber resist {right out of Tims new book "A Compendium of Curiosities"}. I hope you can see the resist on the outer edge.




Next is the card where we did some dry embossing with one of Tim's new Texture fades. If you don't own any you should.....they are awesome! The impression is so deep....beautiful! Then we used some distress crackle paint and some distress stickles for some gorgeous die cuts from more of Tim's new sizzix dies. Check it out!



Last up is the acrylic tag. We used an acrylic tag cut out on the big die cut machine at the store.....can't think of the name....lol....my brain is going at warp speed! Any way we dry embossed it with one of the texture fades....so cool....then did some alcohol inking with gold mixative and snow cap dabber paint for a simply beautiful effect. Then more distress stickles to finish the key hole.



Oh....remember you can click on the photo to make it larger to see the details.
Hope you enjoyed! Tomorrow afternoon I will post the photos of my card class....another winner! Lots of fun! Have a great night!

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love the femininity you brought out in the "grunge"...I also like the white "brick"...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card. The Bricked Texture Fade with the Caged bird plus the colors = just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all just gorgeous! I really love all of the details you put into each project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers!! So incredibly gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great projects! I really love the embossing folder used on the card, way cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hopped over from the 'tim' yahoo group! loving all your projects and techniques! beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found your blog through the cricut mb (your mary mary...grow) layout -- which is fabulous. I left a comment over on that post as well. I love your blog - you are so creative.... i wish i was near you (don't even know where you are yet) so I could take your classes... I am in the bay area (San Francisco)- there is not much here but Michaels and JoAnns - most of the lss have shut down --- darn... I'll be back to see your next creative project.

    maureen
    mo_sala@pacbell.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautiful,love it greetings janneke

    ReplyDelete